Crescent City Soccer
Effective upon league restart, October 9, 2020.
Crescent City Soccer’s (CCS) COVID-19 return to play protocols are informed by state and city governing body regulations, CDC guidelines, Louisiana Soccer Association’s (LSA) “Return to Play Phasing, Protocols and Responsibilities” and the LHSAA’s “General Guidelines for Fall Sport Competitions”. The CCS procedures below will be shared with all staff members, team managers and players prior to their return to the field. All team managers will confirm with CCS that their team members have received and read this guidance prior to their team being allowed to return. Copies will also be posted at all field locations. After the first day of participants returning to play, CCS will assess whether these protocols were appropriate and adjust precautions as needed.
- Prior to arrival at any Crescent City Soccer field, all players and CCS staff (“participants”) agree that they have not experienced signs or symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days and have not been exposed to someone that has been ill in 14 days. Signs or symptoms include but are not limited to: fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fatigue, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, rash.
- No spectators or any person not competing in the scheduled match will be allowed on the premises.
- Touchless thermometers will be available at all CCS fields for referees or league admin or management to take their own and all players’ temperatures prior to approving their involvement in any league activity. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be required to leave the venue.
- If a participant has developed COVID-19 and may have been infectious to others while at a CCS location, this individual must contact PJ Lynch at PJ@CrescentCitySoccer.com or at 301-648-5415. PJ will act as the dedicated point person for all questions or concerns related to COVID-19 protocols or exposures at the CCS locations.
- Masks will be worn on the sidelines by substitute team members while not in play.
- League will not provide “pinnies” for shared usage by teams.
- Players may not share water coolers or water bottles.
- No handshakes between teams before or after the game.
- Ensure all protocols have been shared with teams prior to their return to play, through e-mail and/or verbal communications to team captains as well as through verbal discussions between referees and all players prior to the games.
- If a participant has developed COVID-19 and may have been infectious to others while at a CCS location, the individual’s team, opposing team, and the teams at the field prior to and after their scheduled game will all be notified. Confidentiality of the participant will be strictly maintained. CCS will able to trace and contact all of these team members through the team and player registration process, which collects all team and player contact information.
- All staff (referees, Admin and league owner/management) will be trained on protocols and requirements, which will includes providing information from state and local bodies and the CDC.
- Appropriate infection prevention supplies and waste receptacles will be present in multiple targeted areas (e.g. hand sanitizer).
- Staff participating in any soccer activity (e.g. referees) must wear face masks.
- All sideline benches will be sanitized after each game.
- Games will be shortened to allow an adequate time in between matches for teams to exit and enter the area of play while maintaining appropriate social distance from other teams.
- Concessions are not offered at any CCS location.
Do I have to wear a mask while playing?
Will temperature be taken at every game?
Will Player Cards be checked at every game?
How can I add players to my roster after completing the Team Registration?
Any new players must complete a Player Registration card with your team name and team manager’s e-mail address before they may play in any game. The Player Card will be sent to the manager. This confirms their addition to the team.
Any manager may send in a new Team Registration form with roster updates; however there is not a way to update prior submissions and they do not have to resubmit for every addition to a team.
Can my family come watch a game?
At this time, non-players may not attend CCS activities.